The award winning Scandinavian high chair that grows with your child
Nomi Highchair is the core of the Nomi concept. It will fit your child from approx. 2 years and into the teenage years. You can combine your Nomi Highchair with add-ons to customise it for your growing child - right from your baby's first day.
- The Nomi High Chair is designed for children approximately 6 months to teenage years
- Nomi believe that family meal time is special; conversation, socialization, and special moments all occur around the dining table. With the Nomi, you make sure that everyone is included, even the youngest family members.
- Easily transforms from infant High Chair to Chair - allows you to position your child in the most comfortable & ergonomic position from newborn all the way to adulthood, the strong and sturdy wooden stem holds up to 330 lbs.
- Tested best as the #1 HIGH CHAIR (2018) by Stiftung Warentest in Germany
- JPMA certified and meets the latest 2018 ASTM safety standards.
- Scandinavian design by world renowned seating expert - Peter Opsvik.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to move around and hang to the table top
- Stem and seat are strong enough to support adults weighing up to 330 lbs
- Manufactured in Europe with environmentally responsible components.
- Dimension: 33L x 22L x 23H inches
- Item Weight: 4.9kg
Nomi has been tested by TÜV, Catas and FIRA according to the newest safety standards.
- The wide legs provide ultimate stability
- The rear wheels minimize the risk of tilting in case your child pushes backwards from the table
- The size and structure of the seat and footrest deliver comfortable sitting with a good foothold
- The conical shape of the middle stem ensures that the seat and footrest stay in place, even if you forget to tighten the adjustment knobs
- Nomi Mini is approved according to the newest EN standards
Test and sustainability
Nomi has been tested according to the latest international safety standards*. The wood complies with the international FSC standards, while the plastic parts are made of recyclable plastic (polypropylene) free from parabens and phthalates. The cushions have been tested and approved by the Oeko-Tex® standard100 - the world's leading health certification standard for textiles. None of our materials release harmful substances.
*EN standards are European safety norms. They include testing of durability, function and stability. The stability of Nomi has been tested, even with extra pressure added to the extremities of the chair. It has also been verified that there are no holes or gaps in which the child can get caught or stuck. The newest norm from 2012 focuses particularly on the restraint and the design of the holes and gaps. Durability and weight load have also been tested. Nomi is also approved for adults with a durability test corresponding to 10 years' use.
Designed by Peter Opsvik
When Peter Opsvik is joined by his grandchildren he often uses the floor as a playground, providing lots of space for play and movement. This also characterizes the designer's chairs. For decades his chairs have inspired people all over the world, children as well as adults, to move and remain active while sitting. Peter Opsvik is convinced that people need the possibility to vary their positions and be active while they sit. It is the same philosophy that underpins Nomi's design.
His famous design:
Nomi Mini - restraint